Jump to content
H
SKY TV SCAMMER FINED FOR CHEATING THEM OUT OF £50,000
Ryan Jackson, was caught selling Amazon Fire TV Stick's and Set Top Boxes via a Facebook page he had set up.



Mr Jackson came to the attention of Powys County Council and Sky TV after an investigation into illegal activities and sales via Facebook.

Mr Jackson admitted four charges related to the sale of hacked Amazon devices which he sold along with a bouquet of premium IPTV channels for around £100. (Lets face it they are all crap and there is never anything worth watching anyhow).

The investigation uncovered that he was also selling subscription services for Netflix and Spotify.

He pleaded guilty to three charges of providing or selling devices adapted to circumvent technological measures and one charge of breach of copyright with the intention of financial gain at Llandrindod Wells Magistrates' Court.

A test purchase was made by David Ferguson of the Sky Investigations Team, whereupon they were sent a "Fully Loaded" set top box with the TV package pre-installed.

Jackson has apparently decided to make money from selling the services after discovering how to obtain it for free himself via Youtube videos and websites. He initially offered the boxes for sale to friends and then later on social media market sites as the operation expanded.

The court heard that between Jan 2016 and Aug 2018, Jackson had made a profit of between £840 and £2,500, but Sky argued that the cost incurred by them as losses was about £50,000.

For his crimes he was fined £1,340 plus £4,070 costs and a £34 surcharge.

Good job he never wrote how to do it down in a guide else he would have gotten a stiffer sentence.

 




  Report Article
Sign in to follow this  


User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Facebook is full of iptv resellers at the moment and no-one seems to do anything about it.  Maybe they are letting it all rumble on so they gather evidence?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Obviously its a worldwide problem so I guess they are really after the 'giants' of the iptv game.

It would be easy to hit the bedroom resellers but that won't sort the real problem.

I can only but imagine the 'giant' bad boy servers are located in regions like Kazakhstan and the like where it is hard to stop and detain anybody unless you have an AK47 and loads of influence.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh the real truth is they just need a few high profile cases to keep the share holders happy and make it look like they are tackling the problem. I think we all know that they will never really make a dent in it.

When this place was busted a lot of it went underground and the problem did not go away, in fact it actually got worse to some extent as IPTV took over and meddling with cars and boxes became a thing of the past.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dick said:

Obviously its a worldwide problem so I guess they are really after the 'giants' of the iptv game.

It would be easy to hit the bedroom resellers but that won't sort the real problem.

I can only but imagine the 'giant' bad boy servers are located in regions like Kazakhstan and the like where it is hard to stop and detain anybody unless you have an AK47 and loads of influence.

nope.

3 groups supply around 80% of all IPTV,reckoned to be in 1in18 households now

anyone name them?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, H said:

Oh the real truth is they just need a few high profile cases to keep the share holders happy and make it look like they are tackling the problem. I think we all know that they will never really make a dent in it.

When this place was busted a lot of it went underground and the problem did not go away, in fact it actually got worse to some extent as IPTV took over and meddling with cars and boxes became a thing of the past.

it did ?, ffs been wonder why this ondigi box wont pick fuck all up

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, H said:

When this place was busted a lot of it went underground and the problem did not go away, in fact it actually got worse to some extent as IPTV took over and meddling with cars and boxes became a thing of the past.

talking from my personal experience it certainly went underground. i doubt we will ever see a hack like that again - not in the public domain!

im sure the powers that be could shut down the piracy issues if they wished to. i think they get a lot of free publicity through the media coverage.

anyone up for making a guide?  😄

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SK said:

talking from my personal experience it certainly went underground. i doubt we will ever see a hack like that again - not in the public domain!

im sure the powers that be could shut down the piracy issues if they wished to. i think they get a lot of free publicity through the media coverage.

anyone up for making a guide?  😄

 

i doubt it,considering the server farms being used have just carried over from CS/IKS and IPTV is probably the largest PAYTV scam yet

viewing habits have also changed and there are no box hacks that provide US tv etc

it's all shit but UK tv only?you couldn't give it away now

no guides required,themain players already created delivery methods for their pirated streams this time

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Conventional Sat and Cable TV will be dead in less than a decade, when you take into account the costs of running a satellite and all the costs of transponders and streams for each channel then it is already a less profitable system than the likes of Netflix.

Cable will fare a lot better due to the nature and interactivity of the system but over time I can honestly see sat reception dying a death.

The way people view TV now is a lot different to back in the old days of cards, cams and dishes.

IPTV is the future if we are being honest here. As more and more TV's adopt Android etc... then the more smaller companies can jump on the bandwagon by simply building an app and renting out some servers in a farm.

The issue at the moment is content and licencing shows as it costs a lot to make it, but even that is changing as most kids now are already spending more time on youtube than they do watching TV.

With the rise of 24/7 on demand film and tv platforms, the days of the dish are all but over. Sky is clinging to an outdated model, if it does not innovate it will fail.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mik25 said:

i doubt it,considering the server farms being used have just carried over from CS/IKS and IPTV is probably the largest PAYTV scam yet

viewing habits have also changed and there are no box hacks that provide US tv etc

it's all shit but UK tv only?you couldn't give it away now

no guides required,themain players already created delivery methods for their pirated streams this time

with the amounts of money involved in  lost revenues i think its only a matter of time before iptv piracy becomes history. systems like nexguard are becoming a frontline countermeasure.

no box hacks for US tv? i cant think of any system right now that isnt compromised to some degree. the infamous videoguard system for instance is known well enough to some people to run free. the level of knowledge was seen when the pairing method changed for HD channels and no solutions where seen except for a small minority.

the guide was just a general ironic thumbs down at the practices of the past.

14 hours ago, H said:

Conventional Sat and Cable TV will be dead in less than a decade, when you take into account the costs of running a satellite and all the costs of transponders and streams for each channel then it is already a less profitable system than the likes of Netflix.

Cable will fare a lot better due to the nature and interactivity of the system but over time I can honestly see sat reception dying a death.

The way people view TV now is a lot different to back in the old days of cards, cams and dishes.

IPTV is the future if we are being honest here. As more and more TV's adopt Android etc... then the more smaller companies can jump on the bandwagon by simply building an app and renting out some servers in a farm.

The issue at the moment is content and licencing shows as it costs a lot to make it, but even that is changing as most kids now are already spending more time on youtube than they do watching TV.

With the rise of 24/7 on demand film and tv platforms, the days of the dish are all but over. Sky is clinging to an outdated model, if it does not innovate it will fail.

i totally agree that coventional means of tv distribution have changed and are changing constantly. the future for sure is via the interweb. its no coincidence that all the big players have positioned themselves nicely for the future.

i think cable will predominantly focus on broadband in the future after all it seems thats there niche. they just need to extend there network.

Edited by SK

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SK said:

with the amounts of money involved in  lost revenues i think its only a matter of time before iptv piracy becomes history. systems like nexguard are becoming a frontline countermeasure.

no box hacks for US tv? i cant think of any system right now that isnt compromised to some degree. the infamous videoguard system for instance is known well enough to some people to run free. the level of knowledge was seen when the pairing method changed for HD channels and no solutions where seen except for a small minority.

the guide was just a general ironic thumbs down at the practices of the past.

i totally agree that coventional means of tv distribution have changed and are changing constantly. the future for sure is via the interweb. its no coincidence that all the big players have positioned themselves nicely for the future.

i think cable will predominantly focus on broadband in the future after all it seems thats there niche. they just need to extend there network.

nexguard ,you think thats the frontline againsy iptv pirate streams,if watermarking etc is all they have,its alreay been seen,considered and defeated si

you think if there was a saturation point it hasn't been reached yet?

the box hack more referred to the satellites not able to pick up anything from that side of the hemisphere,unless someone has come up with some real magic in their reversing.again,no one would thank you these days for UK tv,its shite among shite and regardless the complexity of the reverse engineering or wether its underground,overground or wombling free,no one cares

what they do care about is watching their team live on a saturday  even if it is a screencap from someone taking the stream from an app(nexguard?)..thats what IPTV is about.

i know what the joke was referring to,it gets told here every 5th post

anyone with the bulk suppliers names that will get busted then?

what about even just the 1 that supplies around the same percentage of European IPTV and created xtream?

IPTV is organised crime,the emphasis on organised by large groups,they have never been busted and obviously,not many can even tell you who they are.

"the future for sure is via the interweb. its no coincidence that all the big players have positioned themselves nicely for the future"

thats v.true but i don't mean TWC,HBO etc.

they put it on the net,its gonna be hacked

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites



  • Trending News


    Latest Reviews


    Latest Tutorials

  • Trending Topics

×